Thursday, March 6, 2008

Feb 29/Mar 1 weekend

Ok, let's see if I can manage this! Blogging, a whole new world for me.

This past weekend, conditions were so great, they were what every MRG skier dreams about. Not too cold (a bit windy on Sunday but nothing we can't handle), great snow, great coverage, some sun, more snow, and even a live porcupine! spotted by many, resting and foraging in a tree in Birdland. Lots of young ones this weekend, to their mutual delight. I am happy to say that my son Victor skied without his ski harness for the first time - he wanted to follow John and Chris Hecht. where they went, he was going, no matter what. After one yard sale of a tumble, he decided to take everyone's advice and actually make turns, which improved his ability to stay in control (surprise, surprise! Mommy had only been saying that for days but will he listen to me...negative) It's what being part of a club is all about - friends to ski with, peers to look up to and emulate, and a spirit of encouragement and camaraderie that make our club so special. It was especially nice to meet a new provisional family, Jeff Frey and his two children, and to welcome Barbara Hecht back from California; she says she hasn't been to the lodge in 15 years and that's probably the last time I'd seen her, so it was great to reconnect.

Somebody, tell me that these past few years of snowplowing behind/ahead of/alongside my children will pay off...sooner rather than later. I haven't even made it onto the new single chair yet! :)

see y'all, Pam Ferraro

2 comments:

George Hess said...

Hey Pam..Great! See that wasn't so hard.

G

Sandy M said...

Pam, send me some photos of Victor 'sans harness'.